Rebuild / Retrofit / Remanufacture
If a new welder or machine is not in your future plans or budget, consider remanufacturing and conversion of your existing equipment. With mechanical upgrades and technological advances, your older welder can perform better than when new. It is very common for corrosion, abrasion and wear from time to occur on your welding equipment. These setbacks can really hold back the performance of your welders. Automation International has the capabilities to get your machines back to pristine, working condition.
Automation International offers:
- Complete mechanical remanufacture
- Electronic/computer additions
- Conversions to hydraulic
- Conversions to DC (direct current) or MFDC (mid-frequency direct current)
- Conversions for specific welding applications
- Tooling modifications
- On-site technical evaluation and service
- Full warranty on all work
LEVELS OF REMANUFACTURE
- Any item purchased “As Is” will be shipped in its existing condition.
- The item will not have a warranty.
- If the item should require a service technician after customer receipt, the customer will pay all expenses in accordance with our prevailing per diem rates.
- The item will be made available for customer inspection prior to shipment.
- The terms for this purchase will be payment prior to shipment.
- A machine and/or welding control purchased “Functional” will be operational upon leaving Automation International, Inc. Parts used to make the machine operational may be used or new. Used parts may always be the first choice.
- The machine and/or welding control will have no warranty on any item being part of the machine and/or welding control.
- If the machine and/or welding control requires a service technician after customer receipt, the customer will pay all expenses in accordance with our prevailing per diem rates.
- If any parts are required to be replaced after customer receipt of the machine and/or welding control, the customer will be charged for those items. Again, these parts may be used or new with the choice being which one the customer wishes to purchase.
- The equipment will be made available for customer inspection and functional testing under power prior to shipment. Acceptance tests on customer parts will be determined on a case by case basis by the Sales Department.
- Also considered by some in the industry as a “rebuild.” A machine purchased “Reconditioned” will meet the following standards.
- The outside of the machine will be cleaned, lightly sanded and painted Automation International, Inc. blue.
- The cylinders will be completely rebuilt. It always includes new packings and seals, plus new solenoid valves and air/hydraulic accessories. New air hoses will be provided.
- The transformer will not be removed from the machine, although it will be fully tested.
New water circuits will be installed with new manifolds and new hoses. Electrical wiring may or may not be new. (Case by case basis noted on quotation.) Foot-switch or dual palm-buttons may or may not be new. (Case by case basis noted on quotation). Electrode holders may or may not be new. (Case by case basis noted on quotation).
A six (6) month warranty will be provided on the following items:
- Any new component or part manufactured or supplied by Automation International, Inc.
- Rebuilt air cylinders.
- Water circuits (Transformer line excluded).
A 90 day warranty will be provided on the following item:
- Welding Transformer
All other items will not be warranted.
If the machine requires a service technician after customer receipt, the customer will pay all expenses in accordance with our prevailing per diem rates. The exception is, that if it is determined that Automation International, Inc. had erred in the reconditioning process, Automation International, Inc. will provide the labor only. All other expenses will be paid by the customer.
All freight charges to and from the customer will be paid for by the customer. Those items not covered by the manufacturer warranty and requiring replacement will be charged to the customer.
A machine purchased “Remanufactured”, will meet the following standards:
- The machine frame and sub-assemblies are completely stripped of all components, down to the last bolt. It is then steam-cleaned or if warranted by age or use, sandblasted. It is then painted in Automation International, Inc. Blue. Special colors are optional.
- All machine components are completely cleaned and checked for wear. Any part not meeting new machine tolerances is either remachined or replaced.
- On welders, the welding transformer(s) is removed from machine and completely tested for insulation breakdown, secondary and core damage. The primary is rewound and insulation reworked as required.
- The machine is reassembled to new welder specifications. The air and water circuits are installed using all new components. All electrical wiring is new.
- New controls are installed, inter-wired and tested as a unit with the welder.
- A complete Owner’s Manual is compiled, with drawings and documentation on major machine components.
- Whenever possible, actual customer samples are run and machine settings optimized prior to shipment.
- A six (6) month warranty will be provided on the entire machine.
- If any component or part should fail through normal use during this period, and it is returned to us prepaid, upon our inspection, either credit, a replacement unit, or the repair of the same unit shall be made. Any abuse, misapplication, or other misuse relieves us of our responsibility.
- All freight charges to and from the customer will be paid for by the customer.
If a customer supplied machine is to be remanufactured, all of the above applies as described. In addition, if any major rework to the welding transformer and/or basic machine frame/horn sockets/platens, is required, a price addition covering parts and labor would apply. This would be discussed prior to any work being done.